Thursday, February 16, 2012

Will my Kia Sportage pull my pop-up camper?

My Kia has a V6, 2.7L engine with a 2000 lb towing capacity. Is that enough to tow my Jayco pop-up?Will my Kia Sportage pull my pop-up camper?
well if it has a 2000 lb towing capacity, how much does your pop-up weigh? Find your instruction manual on your camper, or call a dealership to find out the weight of it. Also make sure that your hitch has the same or more towing capacity. If it is an after market hitch, it could have a different towing capacity. I would think so though, I can't see a pop-up weighing much more than that.Will my Kia Sportage pull my pop-up camper?
Buy a truck if you want to tow a trailer. Those Kia's hardly have enough power to pull themselves along let alone another 3-5,000 pounds of weight.Will my Kia Sportage pull my pop-up camper?
Depends on where you tow it. I live in steep mountains and would want a bigger vehicle. If you tow it where it is flat you should be ok. If you have an automatic transmission, get a transmission cooler.
yes
  • sonic electronix
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment