Monday, February 20, 2012

How much do people in R & S really believe in the Zodiac signs?

I asked a question earlier that made it seem like quite a few were interested in what sign everyone is. I am pretty skeptical about the traits the various signs are supposed to have. For instance, I am a Taurus but there is no way you'll ever convince me I am stubborn or anything, and that's all there is to it.



So what sign are you guys, anyway?How much do people in R %26amp; S really believe in the Zodiac signs?
Sorry bud, but a bunch of fireballs in the sky don't predict what's going to happen to me tomorrow.
...



I've seen a guy guess 11 of 12 sun-signs in a row, and got the

"miss" on 2nd try.



Same guy guessed three birthdays with total error of less

than 10 days during this same time period



Not sure what "believe in" means here, but the some people

can "know" things relating to Zodiac signs that defy

mathematical probability "expectations".



Sun cancer

Moon Virgo

Rising Sagittarius

and ex-wannabe math dude



ps: I don't pay much attention to it anymore



pps: the "planets" and "positions" are just

markers, ... handy "index-counter" labels



causation is a big "dunno"How much do people in R %26amp; S really believe in the Zodiac signs?
Yes, you are a Taurus! lol Earth sign. Stubborn, but an at home guy! I'm an Aries myself. Do you know your moon sign? That's where all the personal and too close for comfort info is. lol Mine is Pisces, which means I'm a fire and water sign. That makes for an interesting life. I'm either putting out the fire or boiling the water!

lol New World Man, I have to know your moon sign!
Two things most people never learn or understand about astrology are this:



Sun Signs mean very little. And astrology is based on mathematical probability that has been calculated and studied for over five thousand years. Their calculations are much like those like the Harris poll, only more accurate.



1. The problem with just going by Sun Signs is that a Sun Sign makes up only one-twelfth of your horoscope. You could have Sun in Taurus and be nothing like the Sun Sign Taurus if you have your Moon and/or Mercury and/or Rising Sing in something like Libra or Gemini or Aries.



2. Knowing your full horoscope and how the aspects work is the only real way you can know if you're a true Taurus or Aries or Scorpio, etc.



3. Astrology is not a religion and has never been one. Nor can it predict the future. What it is actually is a tool devised over thousands of years to predict character probability.



4. One person in twelve shares your Sun Sign. Add your moon Sign to the configuration and then only one person in 144 shares those traits. Each added Sign multiplies by twelve just how accurate a horoscope can be.



That said: I'm a Libra, with a Gemini Moon and Leo Rising. My Venus is in Libra and my Mars is in Leo. My Mercury (the thinking process) is in Scorpio. However, I still am my own man and was before astrology was ever explained to me. It hasn't changed who I am or who I will become.How much do people in R %26amp; S really believe in the Zodiac signs?
old man, you are clever and funny. But where did you ever get

the idea that Taurens were bull headed? Fun loving, maybe.



A friend relocated recently and gave me her library of astrology

books - numbering over 100. I will never read them all, but I did

read that a good astrologer may look for about 1700 pieces

of information in your chart. Maybe it was a progressed chart.



I have heard that the sun in the chart also represents how you view

your father, and the moon placement represents your mother.

So you might view your father as a tenacious sort of guy that

loves to be surrounded by nice possessions, house,car, tools, etc.

And if your moon was in Virgo, you might see your mother as nit-picky.

Of course all these things are modified by what house they are in

and what angles they are to each other can also make a difference.
I'm a Scorpio, but nobody's going to pigeon hole me into the ridiculously idiotic belief that I have a tendency towards extreme thinking and all-consuming passion. I mean, the fu**ing lunacy of trying to tell me, ME, how I'm supposed to behave based upon a few bits of matter circling around the universe.



Now that bit about being a sex-addict. Well, okay. Mea culpa.
HAHA, you're sounding pretty stubborn there, pal!

I don't believe in that crap at all. Seriously, I don't. The "science" that it's based on is from back when we all thought that the Earth was the center of the universe and all of the heavens revolved around it! I am supposedly a Pisces.
A-ha! An earth sign! I knew it! You answered your own question, you earth bound man! Stubborn as a bull! But good with money, most of the time. You are practical, and yet very romantic and sentimental.....



Your ruling planet is Venus like mine, as a Libra....
"For instance, I am a Taurus but there is no way you'll ever convince me I am stubborn or anything, and that's all there is to it."



Thanks for the laugh. :o)

.
no i dont believe in the zodiac signs at all. have no idea what they would say my sign is and dont really care. My sign.... well i suppose it could either be the Christ fish or the cross.... that would be most appropirate for me.
It can be an entertaining thing to play with, especially the dark side zodiac as that tends to be more accurate. I rarely pay attention to my horoscope and I do not make decisions based on it.



~Scorpio
I'm a Scorpio.



I'm too alien, chaotic, and aberrant in spirit and mind to fit into any form of order, system, structure, or metaphysical belief, whether it be divine or natural.
I don't put much in Zodiac signs, and do not rely on them. I am a virgo, who's trait is perfection. And perfect, I'm not, never will be. Also called a virgin, and it's hard to remember when I was.
scorpio, and i do believe i am the typical scorpio in alot of ways, but there is much more to me than just that
I'm Saguittarius... but don't really believe in signs because I am a product of my environment and I am every decession I make in life.
I think the zodiac is a bunch of nonsense. But since I am a Sagittarius I am skeptical by nature.
LOL



Virgo sun, Capricorn moon, Scorpio rising.



Yeah, I'm pretty much a passionate perfectionist b*tch
All I know is that I am a Leo and my detriment is Uranus.



And I am too immature for astrology.
its interesting to follow but i dont lead my life with it or plan my every move with it

-Sagittarius
Lol! O.k., last one,...

Scorpio.

; )



Well, we are one with the universe and we are all connected. Planets do have an influence, however miner they may be, they are still influential.
lol



I'm assuming that last bit is supposed to be funny ;)



I think it's fun and interesting.
Aries sun, Capricorn moon and a Gemini rising.
Libra
http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/articles/as…
it is demonic stay away from it. star signs are from satan and is lies

No comments:

Post a Comment