Monday, February 20, 2012

How good is a 1984 Jaco Motorhome with a Chevy 350 engine?

I am going to look at a used 1984 Jayco motorhome. It has a 350 Chevy engine, 84,780 miles. I don't know if this is a good engine or not. The pictures of the exterior look clean but I haven't seen the inside yet.



What questions do I ask other than does everything work? My main concern is the mechanical condition and if these engines/transmissions have had issues. Or, are they the workhorse for RV's.



Our purpose is to use it a few times a year for camping within a 500 mile radius of our home. We do not intend on pulling anything with it.



I can't find anything on line other than the NADA pricing.



Thanks for the help!How good is a 1984 Jaco Motorhome with a Chevy 350 engine?
chevy eng. is a good engine just look at service records to see how often the oil has ben changed.How good is a 1984 Jaco Motorhome with a Chevy 350 engine?
yeah just make sure its had it oil changed regularly. the engine is strong its should have a 4 bolt main and a 400 transmission. strong set up all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment