Monday, January 30, 2012

Would I need a Xenon conversion head to implement blue Xenon bulbs into my car?

I know very little about cars.

I'm looking to get some blue xenon lights for my 2004 Honda Civic EX.

I'm not sure if just buying the bulbs and installing them would work or if I'd have to get

a conversion kit?



Thanks!Would I need a Xenon conversion head to implement blue Xenon bulbs into my car?
There are two options:



HID conversion kit: requires a ballast (power unit) and sometimes modifying the bulb holder to get the cables through. Very bright, with colour choices from pure white to white with blue tint. Cost is around 拢100 and will need some skill to fit.



Styling Bulbs: Standard or uprated output bulbs with a blue tint. Direct replacement for standard bulbs. Tend to give slightly less light (unless you opt for uprated ones) but do give the blue light you want.





NB: In most countries it is ILLEGAL to show blue light on a vehicle except for police, ambulances, etc. These bulbs are generally white with a blue tint, and are fine as long as the beam pattern, etc is not modified. A strong blue light will be asking for trouble.



http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.ukWould I need a Xenon conversion head to implement blue Xenon bulbs into my car?
You mean those Ricey blue painted bulbs?



They are just regular bulbs...painted blue. Pointless. No mods necessary. Other than driving slower, since you are driving with darker lights now.



If you mean you want to go big time and get HIDs, then you need ballast and possibly headlamp units. If done right (rare, but happens), they are quite nice.Would I need a Xenon conversion head to implement blue Xenon bulbs into my car?
No you don't you can just change them over. But, if you want the full intensity like the factory blue bmw, mercedes you need to buy the 1k HID kit then add the bulbs for the really bright white or blue effect.
Conversion kit. They sell them for that model already, you just stick it in then stick the lights in.



Do all the other drivers a favor though, and DON'T do it. Those lights are hell to drive towards. Stick with regular bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment