Friday, January 27, 2012

Google Chrome doesn't recognize my Java update!?

So I'm trying to run a program on the internet that requires Java, and when i tried to run it, it said the java plug-in was outdated. So i clicked that and In about three minutes, Java said it downloaded and installed correctly. When I tried to run the online program again, it still said it was out of date. I tried again a few days later, and the same problem occurred. I thought maybe it was just the online program, so I tried a different program, and it said the same thing. Can somebody help me? Has anybody else had the same problem?Google Chrome doesn't recognize my Java update!?
Get FireFox.Google Chrome doesn't recognize my Java update!?
For Java specifically, Chrome now disables Java by default on all pages and prompts you to allow it to run each time a site needs it.



For more general plugin worries, Chrome has a "Click to play" feature which allows you to disable all plugins on all sites completely, and then allows you to selectively enable them on a page without reloading it.



Recent versions of Chrome hide this "Click to play" setting by default. It's still there, though. You just need to do an extra step to enable it.



Open up the about:flags page, then make sure the "Click to play" flag is enabled and then restart Chrome.



Once Chrome is restarted, you'll see the "Click to play" option under the Plug-ins section at settings url: chrome://settings/content

No comments:

Post a Comment